Based in Fort Wayne, IN, USA
US: November 27, 2014
GetClose is a competitive multiplayer game that forces players to sit next to each other with one hand on the Wii U™ GamePad and/or Wii U™ Pro Controller. Each player is able to control a "starkid" on the TV screen with the left or right joystick. Players will need to progress through levels holding on to the cosmic crown, while collecting pickups, earning points, and avoiding deadly obstacles. You can also play solo (or co-op) in a new mode where you must protect the crown at all costs. Get comfortable, because you’ll have to GetClose!
GetClose is a Wii U eShop game that is built using the Nintendo Framework. We started focusing on development of the game in early April, 2014. Since then we have conceptualized the look and feel of the game and are now focused on creating our first public play-test demo.
We're excited that we managed to add Wii U stamps, and a 4-player mode into this first release.
A war lording space king must name an heir to rule his galactic empire. 10 children must now compete to win their father’s affection. They are sent to Earth to engage in a fast paced battle of athletic endurance. 2 children enter, one leaves - victorious - the other casted into the banal corners of the galaxy.
- Single or multiplayer. Each player holds onto one side of the Wii U GamePad or Wii U Pro Controller, using the analog sticks and shoulder buttons.
- Multiple levels to choose from for each game mode (8 levels per mode).
- Off-TV mode. Play a game of GetClose on the GamePad while TV is occupied.
- 12 "Characters" to choose from, each with their own personality.
- 7 "Pickups" to collect, each with its own ability.
- King of the Crown mode - Hold on to the crown the longest.
- Capture the Crown mode - Grab the crown, and bring it back to your base.
- Protect the Crown mode - Protect the crown as long as possible from a never ending barrage of baddies.
- Party/social style play. Quick game bursts to allow for a quick/fun session of gameplay. Pass the controller around to test your might against other rivals.
- Collect Food Points throughout your battles to unlock awesome Stamps. Use your new Stamps on Miiverse posts to showcase your glorious victories.
GetClose: A game for RIVALS! YouTube
Capture the Crown - 4 Players YouTube
King of the Crown - 4 Players YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "GetClose is a ray of indie sunshine that displays remarkable ingenuity in both its aesthetic appearance and its simple gameplay." NintendoLife (8/10)
- "GetClose helps foster the awkward multiplayer moments I adore and for that I’m thankful for it." 8-Worlds News (8/10)
- "... GetClose ranks up there with some of the Wii U’s best party [sic] games on the market." GameGravy (8/10)
- "GetClose is highly recommended to any social gamers who meet up with their friends a lot to pick up this little game for just under $5. It’s a great deal for a challenging and slightly awkward but fun game!" 8-Bit Forward (8.5/10)
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
About Wombat Source
Wombat Source is a small group of creatives tasked with the development and design of experimental ideas. Each project gives us the freedom to pursue and tackle our passions. Molding our love of games, the web, and technology; we are hard at work developing some awesomeness.
More information on Wombat Source, our logo & relevant media are available here.
John Henry III
Code & Design
Michael Vaughn Green
Art & Design
Jams & Sounds
Code & Optimization