Based in Fort Wayne, IN, USA
US: Oct 29, 2016
Placards is a unique single-player puzzle experience that requires players to think both visually and strategically. Rearrange pixels on the screen by rotating or swapping to solve Placard puzzles. That Placard too big to solve in one go? Solve a piece at a time to get closer to that final Placard picture. From simple shapes to space ships to a fire breathing dragon, there are over 100 puzzles to keep you occupied for hours. So grab that cup of coffee, sit down on that comfy couch, and solve a few Placards today.
Placards is an HTML 5 game that will be available on iOS (iPad) and the Wii U eShop (using the Nintendo Framework). It is built utilizing our custom web framework that was first developed for our other game, GetClose.
- Single player play.
- Rotate and swap pixels to solve Placard puzzles.
- Zoom to compare your Placard puzzle against the final picture.
- Progress saved automatically as you play (exit a Placard puzzle and come back later).
- Try to solve each Placard puzzle in as few moves as possible.
- 176 Placard puzzles at launch (across 4 books or themes).
- Includes several large, multi-piece puzzles.
- Color Blind Mode (optimizes puzzle colors for colorblindness).
- Relax Mode (turns on ambient background sound).
- Additional books (Placard puzzles) coming in the future.
Placards - Coming soon 2017 to Nintendo Wii U and available now on iPad! YouTube
Logo & Icon
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
About Wombat Source
Wombat Source is a small group of creatives tasked with the development and design of experimental ideas. Each project gives us the freedom to pursue and tackle our passions. Molding our love of games, the web, and technology; we are hard at work developing some awesomeness.
More information on Wombat Source, our logo & relevant media are available here.
John Henry III
Code & Game Design Lead
Michael Vaughn Green
Art & UI Design Lead
Art & UI Design
Code & Optimization
Code & Testing
Web Design & Video Editing
Social Media & Advertising
Music & Sounds